Thursday, January 28, 2010

With Great Pleasure...Good News for FORD

The one out of the Big 3 US automakers that stood on its own two feet, or four wheels, and didn't take a government bailout, has now turned a profit!

Today, Ford Motor Company announced a 2009 full year net income of 2.7 billion dollars, and a 4th quarter net profit of 863 million dollars, the first profit in four years. It will also start giving out profit sharing checks to US hourly workers in March, the first time that's been done since 2004. And Ford expects 2010 to be profitable as well.

My congratulations to the management and all the people at Ford who made it through the storm. They have fought hard and kept their hands out of the government till, while keeping the government hands out of their pockets as well. They have succeeded where GM and Chrysler have failed. In Chrysler's case, failed multiple times, and judging by the way things continue to go, will likely fail again. Not to beat a dead horse, but how many times do they think they should be bailed out anyway?

Once again, American ingenuity and ability can do the job. Congratulations Ford on a job well done!

1 comment:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Just saw your comment in 'Our Scented Cottage,' and came over.

I like the way you think!!!

If you bounce over to 'Aunt Amelia's Attic' and look at the top of my Sidebar, you'll see why I like the way you think. ,-)

In the past, I've had openly political blogs, but burned out on them, for doing them myself. And reverted to what I call "Pretty Blog Land." :-) For peace and quiet and less blood pressure agitation. ,-)

But I follow a lot of political blogs. Well, until it gets my blood pressure up too much, and I have to cut back. >,-)

Courage! We need it!