Friday, January 20, 2012

Pat & Oscar's Restaurants - Followup

I wrote about this restaurant chain in December 2010 and indicated the food and service was falling by the wayside. I also indicated I feared that the company would follow their service down the tubes.

The inevitable has happened and the corporate Pat and Oscar's has gone bankrupt, closing their company owned restaurants without notice as I have gathered. Some franchise operations remain operating and I understand will attempt to make a go of it without the corporate albatross hanging on.

Again, I finished that previous story in wishing them luck. But it takes more than that to bring the customers back, To those franchisees out there, you have a wonderful product, so best of luck and maybe with your abilities to preserve your own customer base and without the pressure of a corporate presence, you can be successful. I sure hope you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They also took or don't use the BBQ sauce that the original Pat & Oscar's was famous for!!!!heck, I almost could just drink that by itself, but why mess with a good idea/recipe??? They had such a great product, they say , don't mess with a good thing or else, well they got the or else!!!My husband & I had eaten at the one in Mission Valley last year, well I was salivating for the BBQ Chicken and ribs. Well everything else was as usual, bread-sticks & sald, but when I just looked at the ribs, I noticed the sauce was darker & it was just like one of the bottled ones off the shelf at the market, I was so disappointed and unhappy, I almost just thru it all away, sure I could have gotten my money back, but my idea of showing businesses power is now coming back & telling others, I knew something was wrong when I walked in and it was almost empty around 4m, which it usually is a hopping place~!!!!So sad and At least they could have sold that sauce recipe , oh well, another one bites the dust!!!They should have never sold in the first place, that's what happens when you get greedy,make Millions and then later on taken back the BBQ sauce, which probably had some sort of copyright on it & they had the right to take it back whenever they felt like it!!!!

Faizan Afzal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.